- 14 Billion Years of Historical Events in One Interactive Timeline
- Surf’s Up: Warren Keelan’s Stunning Seascapes Will Make You Yearn for Summer
- New Street Art by Pejac in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Seoul
- UK House Prices Hit Record Level According to ONS
- Crystals from the Sky: The Intricate Beauty of Snowflakes
Noise induced hearing loss (NIHL) is a common problem in the UK, with over 2,000 NIHL claims in the last 11 years
This new infographic from PF Events take a visual look at NIHL, examining the causes, treatments and preventions of the problem, as well as giving us an interesting look at some of the loudest noises on earth, which is topped by the Tunguska Meteor at an incredible 310db. To put that into perspective, a gunshot comes in at around 160db, and a one-ton bomb registers 210db.
So if your vocation means regular exposure to loud noises (I’m thinking construction workers and those involved in the music industry in particular), it might be time to consider some effective protection for your ears!