- From Athens to Rio: Summer Games of the Modern Era
- Newton Ingestore Might Well Realign Your Reality – A Rare Interview
- Suzan Drummen’s Installations Glister With Dazzling Detail
- The Endearing and Unusual Creatures in Lucy Baxendale’s Imaginary World Will Make You Smile
- All the Trees are Pink, and the Sky is Cyan
Take a moment to imagine the world, not as it is, but instead as a borderless system where people can travel without restrictions. Struggling? Perhaps this will help:
Taking inspiration from a map created by visionary architect Constant Nieuwenhuys in 1959, New York-based design collective ArtCodeData have taken on the seemingly impossible task of interconnecting every subway system in the World – that’s 791 lines and 11,924 stations – to form one global metro map.
While it may not be a particularly useful offering, the carefully arranged multicoloured lines intertwine with each other to form a mesmerisingly beautiful work of art.
Head on over to Kickstarter now to secure your very own.