- Discovery of Gravitational Waves Sends Ripples Across the Universe
- More Than 100 Killed by Stampede at Hindu Festival in India
- Bach In Lights: Beautiful Video Visualises The Well Tempered Clavier
- Some of Matthias Brown’s GIFs Are Refreshingly Analogue Looking
- Popular Cartography: Your Favourite Pop Titles Charted on One World Map
Take a moment to imagine the world, not as it is, but instead as a borderless system where people can travel without restrictions. Struggling? Perhaps this will help:
Taking inspiration from a map created by visionary architect Constant Nieuwenhuys in 1959, New York-based design collective ArtCodeData have taken on the seemingly impossible task of interconnecting every subway system in the World – that’s 791 lines and 11,924 stations – to form one global metro map.
While it may not be a particularly useful offering, the carefully arranged multicoloured lines intertwine with each other to form a mesmerisingly beautiful work of art.
Head on over to Kickstarter now to secure your very own.