- Suzan Drummen’s Installations Glister With Dazzling Detail
- Honda’s Spellbinding New Animated Advert Will Have You Enthralled
- Holga Digital: Our Favourite Toy Camera Is All Grown Up
- Place Your Bets: The Winner of the Turner Prize is Announced Tonight
- On the Record – Sara Roizen’s Vibrant Vinyl Mandalas Dazzle and Delight
Izziyana Suhaimi sees her work as a mapping of duration: “Embroidery for me is a quiet and still act, where each stitch represents a moment passed. The building of stitches then becomes a representation of time passing and the final work is like a physical manifestation of time – a time object.”
These images have been built lovingly, and have clearly taken quite some time to construct. They are not rushed, and are not part of this fast-paced world, but provide a refreshing counterpoint to it. Charming and crafted, Izziyana Suhaimi sometimes works with pure embroidery, but it is when her gentle drawing style is combined with the definitive mark-making that embroidery affords, that her work really shines.