- Ambitious Kickstarter Project Aims to Get a Miniature Rocket onto the Moon
- Marilyn Mugot Captures the Eerie Grandeur of Hong Kong at Night
- Born on this Day: William Blake – Poet, Artist, Visionary
- Banksy’s ‘Sirens of the Lambs’ Tours New York
- Martin Parr For One is Celebrating the Selfie Stick. Or is He?
We all make mistakes from time to time, but for the vast majority of us those mistakes don’t result in the loss of millions of dollars – or worse, human lives.
For those working in engineering, a tiny mistake – be it a misplaced decimal point or a simple mathematical error – can result in significant consequences (usually financial), and in the worst cases loss of life.
This new infographic from Grassform takes a look at eight of the worst engineering mistakes throughout history, from The Vasa in the 1600s right through to modern day: