- Relief Efforts Stepped Up in the Philippines
- Martin Parr For One is Celebrating the Selfie Stick. Or is He?
- A Scale Model of the Solar System Complete with Planetary Orbits
- Hilarious Street Art on the Streets of France
- The Endearing and Unusual Creatures in Lucy Baxendale’s Imaginary World Will Make You Smile
Imagine taking a dip in a glass-bottomed swimming pool suspended 100 feet above the streets of London. Well, in just a few years time, residents of a new luxury apartment complex will be able to do just that.
The 25-metre-long ‘Sky Pool’, designed by Arup Associates and developed by the Ballymore Group, will link two blocks of apartments that form part of the 2,000-home Embassy Gardens development in London’s new Nine Elms Quarter. It will be the first of its kind in the world, allowing residents to swim between the two buildings while enjoying views of London, with only 20 centimetres of glass between them and the outside world.
Ballymore’s chairman and CEO, Sean Mulryan says: “The Sky Pool’s transparent structure is the result of significant advancements in technologies over the last decade. The experience of the pool will be truly unique, it will feel like floating through the air in central London.”
The Sky Pool should be ready to enjoy by 2019.
All images: Ballymore Group