- The Most Iconic Wedding Venues from Film & TV
- Surf’s Up: Warren Keelan’s Stunning Seascapes Will Make You Yearn for Summer
- A Splash of Calligraphy: Zheng Lu’s Steel Sculptures Will Make Your Jaw Drop
- A Scale Model of the Solar System Complete with Planetary Orbits
- Hong Kong is a Towering Metropolis and Will Engulf You
Instagram is aspirational. We want to show the world that we are living lives worthy of your attention and jealousy. We want to impress you with this lifestyle.
Sadly life is often messier and more mundane than social media bragging rights require. Instagram can crop a welcoming square out of a messy bed, or a picturesque scene out of urban chaos. Then it can filter it so rainy days look sunny and drab interiors look atmospheric. It is a lie.
Step in Bangkok based photographer Chompoo Baritone. His inventive image making has become a hot topic among the press, who were more than ready for such a critique. His photos nestle the lie within its contextual truth. Scroll down and see what we mean.