- London’s Best Coffee Shops (And Where to Find Them)
- Majd Taby’s Story Of Syrian Migration Has Come At The Right Time
- Political Artist Biancoshock Wants You to Know About the 600 People Living in Bucharest Sewers
- Popular Cartography: Your Favourite Pop Titles Charted on One World Map
- Miniature Elephants March Proudly Atop a Carpenter’s Pencil
Italian designer Andrea Minini is doing something different. He creates posters of animals using moiré patterns, a striking graphic technique derived from the world of mathematics.
The animals are made out of one continuous line which is folded and doubled back on itself creating patterns as parallel striped lines overlap. He has elegantly summarised recognisable animal forms using this technique. The results are striking, transforming the familiar, and seem a feat of illustrative skill.