- How Much Would Drogon Cost to Feed?
- Doors of Perception – the Colourful Photography of Agne Gintalaite
- ‘Fitspirational’ GIF is All the Motivation You’ll Need This Winter
- Scott Naismith Paints Sunsets But He’s Not Boring
- Leonardo DiCaprio Gets An Oscar At Last, Uses His Acceptance Speech to Discuss Climate Change
2015 marks 70 years since the end of World War Two, with people of all generations worldwide remembering the sacrifices and huge losses suffered by every force involved in the conflict.
The numbers behind the Second World War are still shocking today, and to highlight this Neil Halloran has created a video entitled The Fallen of World War II, showing the scale of deaths in the US and other countries involved in the war:
Halloran explains what the video is about:
An animated data-driven documentary about war and peace, The Fallen of World War II looks at the human cost of the second world war and sizes up the numbers to other wars in history, including trends in recent conflicts.
He has also created an experimental interactive version of the video, which you can find here.