- Designers Unite 214 Subway Systems to Create the Ultimate Metro Map
- The Sublimely Beautiful World of Rosie Anne Prosser
- Stunning Photos of Crow Riding a Bald Eagle
- Vaccine Preventable Disease Outbreaks Around the World
- Artist Creates ‘Flock’ Installations Using Surveillance Cameras and Satellite Dishes
At first glance, it’s hard to believe these beautiful birds and animals are made exclusively out of paper. The fur and feathers are so realistic, you’d be forgiven for thinking they were made from the real thing.
This is the work of Canadian paper sculpture artist Calvin Nicholls whose method involves layering hundreds of tiny, intricately cut pieces of paper together to form unbelievably realistic 3D representations of the World’s most beautiful creatures. Each piece can take anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of years to craft depending of the scale and complexity. Nicholls’ hard work and attention to detail has won him a host of awards and recognition, and it’s not difficult to see why.