- ‘Fitspirational’ GIF is All the Motivation You’ll Need This Winter
- Expressive ‘Plane Window’ Paintings from Jim Darling
- Paul Kaptein Makes the Fleeting Digital Glitch Solid
- How to Reduce Employee Turnover and Create an All-Star Team
- Sara Landeta’s Beautiful Birds Evoke Feelings of Freedom in Captivity
Nigel Palmer has been working as an artist and tattooist for nearly 20 years and, in that time, has developed a process for inking awesome tattoos where he largely improvises the work, drawing onto the body and then inking it in.
Palmer’s more selective than most when it comes to the types of projects he takes on. He won’t do portraits or text, and prefers you to approach him with just a basic concept, so he can put his own unique stamp on it. For him, too much planning has the potential to kill a great idea. Now, you might be reading this thinking only the brave or foolish would trust somebody to improvise a tattoo for them, but when you see the work he’s produced, you’ll understand.