- 9 Ways Your Other Half Can Relax While You Watch The Football
- Now Here’s a Challenge: Walk Across Ireland Without Passing a Pub
- Inspiring Time Lapse of a Painstaking Artwork
- ‘Fitspirational’ GIF is All the Motivation You’ll Need This Winter
- These Continuous Line Drawings of Animals Are an Exercise in Simplicity
There are just four Northern White Rhinos left in the entire world – one at San Diego Zoo and three at Kenya’s Ol Pejeta Conservancy. Needless to say, the outlook for this critically endangered species is bleak. To raise awareness of the devastating effects poaching and habitat destruction can have on the World’s wildlife, a team of filmmakers has set up an intriguing Kickstarter project called “The Ark” to document the rhinos in Virtual Reality so that we can see them before it’s too late.
“The Ark is probably the most important project we’ve ever set out to make. Our goal is to leverage high-tech filmmaking techniques to make extinction tangible. Using 360° Virtual Reality (VR) technology, we will put each and every one of you face-to-face with the last Northern White Rhinos.” – Eline Jongsma and Kel O’Neill.
Directors Eline Jongsma and Kel O’Neill have reached their initial $21,500 goal, but are now looking to stretch their funding to $40,000 to see them through post production. With just over a week to go, they are hoping to gather even more support to help bring this significant project to life.