- Eye-Catching and Smart: Vanessa McKeown is an Instagram Hit!
- ‘Fitspirational’ GIF is All the Motivation You’ll Need This Winter
- Martin Parr For One is Celebrating the Selfie Stick. Or is He?
- Newton Ingestore Might Well Realign Your Reality – A Rare Interview
- Crystals from the Sky: The Intricate Beauty of Snowflakes
Self-taught photographer and meteorology enthusiast Marko Korošec has been storm chasing for 15 years and, in that time, witnessed hundreds of spectacular weather events. It sounds like the job for the thrill-seekers among us, but over the years Marko has found himself in some very treacherous situations, reminding us that this is not one for the faint-hearted.
The self-confessed ‘eXtreme storm chaser’ is based in Slovenia, but for a couple of months each year, he travels to America’s infamous Tornado Alley to record some of the most fearsome thunderstorms, tornadoes and supercells. His photography is breathtaking, but these storms demand a certain amount of respect – Marko admits that, on his quest for the perfect capture, he has narrowly avoided being zapped by lightning!
Despite the risks his work poses, he says: “I will never stop chasing storms; Mother Nature fascinates me and makes me want to conduct more and more research to try and understand storms and make everyone safer against their deadly power.”
All images: Marko Korošec. If you would like to purchase one of these spectacular photographs, you can do so via Marko’s 500px page.