- Stunning Photos of Crow Riding a Bald Eagle
- Riot Police Clash with Pro-EU Demonstrators in Kiev [Video]
- Andrés Gallardo Albajar’s Photography Showcases Architectural Variety in Lithuania
- Some of Matthias Brown’s GIFs Are Refreshingly Analogue Looking
- The Logistics of Building and Operating the Millennium Falcon
The project is called Moonspike. The aim is to take your data to the moon. A small in scale rocket is set for a large in ambition journey, to climb into Earth’s orbit and then traverse the remaining distance to the Moon.
It will be carrying a 1 gram titanium spike full of data that the project’s creators want to be sent to the lunar surface. The whole thing is a private project and plans to share the journey every step of the way through blogging, hoping to pave the way for more democratic space travel. This is an unmanned mission of course, the rocket is tiny, but it would still be a massive achievement for the team of scientists. Their budget is £600,000 and they have already secured £50,000. Wouldn’t it be marvellous to see this project go the distance?