- More Than 100 Killed by Stampede at Hindu Festival in India
- Astronaut Captures Spectacular Northern Lights from Space
- Newton Ingestore Might Well Realign Your Reality – A Rare Interview
- Majd Taby’s Story Of Syrian Migration Has Come At The Right Time
- Colour Photography from a World in Black and White
Ania Ciotlaus is a Romanian photographer who has come up with a novel way of sharing her work with the world. She is leaving photographic wood prints around her hometown of Cluj for the attention of passers by.
The images are not about making money or achieving fame, but about transforming her landscape and making an impact on the city she lives in. People sometimes collect her work from the walls, which Ania is fine with. Like a less disruptive and more beautiful form of street art, Ania’s photographs thrive in the context of the city they are placed in. The art world can sometimes be quite insular and elitist, so it’s nice to see someone reaching out.