- On the Record – Sara Roizen’s Vibrant Vinyl Mandalas Dazzle and Delight
- Happy Birthday Martin Puryear, Why Didn’t You Just Get Your Sculptures Out of a Skip?
- British Army Criticised for Recruiting 16-year-olds
- Newton Ingestore Might Well Realign Your Reality – A Rare Interview
- Doors of Perception – the Colourful Photography of Agne Gintalaite
Context is a powerful thing. Sometimes when something is taken out of context it can shift into something else. This is what has happened here.
Stormtroopers feature in all of the Star Wars films and are a threatening force for evil. But there is a clear shift from dark to light when you see one eating his cornflakes or standing at a urinal. In his series ‘The Other Side’, the banal, everyday situations that Spanish artist Jorge Pérez Higuera has choreographed are very human, but with the inclusion of Stormtroopers, become humorous. Sometimes with all the heavy stuff around, it’s nice to see some work that doesn’t take itself too seriously.